Universal kit for 12.7mm optical DVD drive bays
Add a Second Hard Drive (drive size up to 12.7mm in height) to your laptop using your laptop's optical DVD drive bay. This is a great solution for those that want to take advantage of the higher capacity 2.5" drives! Add it as a second hard drive in the laptop in lieu of a SATA Optical drive. This device/caddy will fit in a "standard 12.7mm-high" SATA optical DVD drive bay found in laptop computers. Please note that this will fit in notebooks with a SATA optical DVD drive bay. See photos below comparing the external interfaces.
Simply pull out your optical DVD drive and replace it with our OBHD Optical Bay Hard Drive caddy. This is a really sharp-looking well-engineered product. The front faceplate has a Black finish. You can also transfer your optical drive's "original faceplate" to our caddy for that more custom look. The metal bracket is finished in a nice silver sheen and has mounting screw-holes if you want to attach your original optical drive's "mounting brackets" to our OBHD caddy (see photo below) . Please note that this hard drive caddy will fit "standard 12.7mm"/"universal" optical DVD drive bays.
- Works with 2.5" SATA drives with heights equal to or less than 12.7mm
- Perfect solution for those that want to add a 2nd HDD or SSD to their laptop
- Fits in standard 12.7mm-high optical DVD drive bays with a SATA interface
- Caddy manufactured in light-weight aluminum to help dissipate heat from the drive and to reduce EMI noise. Perfect for high-performance/high-end applications
- HDD / SSD is securely mounted to the bottom of the caddy with four screws (provided with caddy)
- Front faceplate/bezel is black. You can also transfer your optical drive's "original faceplate" to our OBHD caddy. Click here to learn more.